Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Visual journaling

Artella

I love to journal, but I don't always feel like writing, and sometimes I just can't find the right words to express my feelings. That's why I love art journaling; I can express my self with pictures, images, doodles and writing, all according to my mood. I often will sit down with a pile of magazines and tear out pages that appeal to me, cut out images that attract me, and clip words and phrases that express the way I feel. Then I get out the old gluestick and have at it. I combine images, colors and textures, add stamping, doodling or writing boom! I've expressed myself visually, in only the way this art form can afford. I've been doing this for six years now and I find it a very freeing form of self-expression. It's interesting to look back and see how consistent my taste has been in things like home decorating and fashion, and how much my art "play" has evolved. Sometimes I use my art journal to try out ideas and techniques for other projects, like altered books and collage. Visual journalling is relaxing and fun...you should try it!















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home